Enjoy the ultimate Wikipedia experience on your mobile device with the official app. Forever ad-free and free of charge, you can explore over 40 million articles in more than 300 languages from anywhere in the world.
Here are some reasons why you’ll love this app:
1. Free and open
Wikipedia is an encyclopedia that is open to anyone for editing. The articles are freely licensed, and the app code is completely open source. Wikipedia is powered by a community of individuals committed to providing free, reliable, and unbiased information.
2. No ads
Wikipedia is a place to learn, not a platform for advertising. This app is created by the Wikimedia Foundation, a non-profit organization that supports and runs Wikipedia. We provide this service to promote open knowledge that is always ad-free and does not track your data.
3. Read in your language
Search through 40 million articles in over 300 languages, making it the largest source of information worldwide. Choose your preferred languages in the app and easily switch between them while browsing or reading.
4. Use offline
Save your favorite articles and read Wikipedia offline with “My lists.” Name your lists as you please and gather articles in various languages. Saved articles and reading lists are synced across all your devices and can be accessed even without an internet connection.
5. Attention to detail and night mode
The app celebrates Wikipedia’s simplicity and adds a touch of delight. The elegant and distraction-free interface enables you to concentrate on reading articles. You may select the most comfortable reading experience for you, including text size adjustment and themes in pure black, dark, sepia, or light.
Expand your knowledge with these features:
1. Customize your Explore feed
“Explore” presents suggested Wikipedia content, including current events, popular articles, captivating freely-licensed photos, events on this day in history, suggested articles based on your reading history, and more.
2. Find and search
Quickly locate what you’re looking for by searching within articles or with the search bar at the top of the app. You can also use your favorite emojis or voice-enabled search.
We would appreciate your feedback:
1. To give feedback from the app:
Go to the menu, click “Settings,” then “About the Wikipedia app,” and “Send app feedback.”
2. If you have Java and Android SDK experience, we welcome your contributions! For more information, go to https://mediawiki.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Apps/Team/Android/App_hacking.
3. By using this app, you consent to the automatic transmission of crash reports to a third-party service provider. To disable this feature, go to “Settings” and turn off “Send crash reports” under the Privacy section.
4. Explanation of permissions required by the app: https://mediawiki.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Apps/Android_FAQ#Security_and_Permissions
8. About the Wikimedia Foundation:
The Wikimedia Foundation is a charitable nonprofit organization that supports and operates Wikipedia and the other Wiki projects. It is mainly funded through donations. For more information, visit our website: https://wikimediafoundation.org/